Ingredients for Cooking Fish Cakes
- Sea bass fillet (peeled) 1 kilogram
- Onion 2 pieces
- Chicken egg 1 piece
- White bread (loaf) 2 slices (each 2 centimeters thick)
- Breadcrumbs 50 grams
- Wheat flour 50 grams
- Salt 2-3 pinches or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Seasoning for fish 1-2 pinches
- Vegetable oil about 50 milliliters or as needed
- Purified water as needed
- Main ingredients: Perch, Onion, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen scale, Paper kitchen towels, Knife - 3 pieces, Cutting board - 3 pieces, Deep plate - 2 pieces, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Meat grinder, Tray, Stove, Frying pan with lid, Kitchen spatula, Large flat dish, Plate
Step 1: prepare the bread.
Take a couple of slices of white loaf, put them in a deep plate and pour purified water so that it is higher than the bread level by 1.5 - 2 centimeters. Leave it to soak for 12 - 15 minutes or until completely softened. After some time, squeeze the bread from excess liquid and transfer it to a deep bowl.
Step 2: prepare the fish.
Meanwhile, we wash the cleaned fillet of sea bass under cold running water and dry it with paper towels.
After we put the fish on a cutting board and cut it into smaller portions, which the meat grinder will “handle”. We shift the slices into a bowl with pressed long loaf.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Peel onions, rinse and dry with paper towels. Then we cut each onion into 4-6 parts and send them to the bowl for the rest of the prepared products.
Step 4: prepare the minced meat.
We install a meat grinder with a medium grid on the kitchen table and pass slices of onion, perch and bread crumb through it into a deep bowl, alternating the products.
In the resulting mass we add a chicken egg, sifted wheat flour, a couple of pinches of any fish seasoning, to taste salt and black pepper.
With clean hands, mix all the components of the mincemeat to a uniform consistency and proceed to the next step.
Step 5: form the fish cakes.
Pour into the deep plate the desired number of breadcrumbs. We wet the palms of our hands in cold water, put a tablespoon of minced fish in one of them and form an oval or round cutlet, its shape depends on your desire.
Roll the finished fish product in breadcrumbs, give it a flat, more attractive appearance and put it on a tray or cutting board. In the same way, we form the remaining cutlets until the stuffing ends.
Step 6: fry the fish cakes.
Now pour 2 - 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the pan and put it on medium heat. After 1 - 2 minutes, lower the first batch of cutlets to the bottom of the pan. Fry them on one side 2 - 3 minutes until golden brown.
Then with the help of a kitchen spatula we turn them over to the other side, cover the pan with a lid and fry cutlets yet 3 minutes to blush.
After we transfer them to a paper kitchen towel, previously laid on the countertop, and leave it in this form on 5 - 6 minutes so that the paper absorbs excess vegetable fat.
In the same way, fry the remaining cutlets, periodically adding oil to the pan. Then put them on a large flat dish and serve.
Step 7: serve the fish cakes.
Fish cakes are served hot as a main course. This dish can be served with any side dish, for example, mashed potatoes, vegetable salad, boiled pasta or rice. Very often, these cutlets are poured with sauces based on sour cream or tomato paste, as well as melted butter. Enjoy a delicious and simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- A set of spices can be supplemented with spices and herbs such as dried basil, garlic, cardamom, savory, cumin, fennel, tarragon, lemon balm and many others.
- If desired, chopped greens of dill, parsley, cilantro, green onion or basil can be added to minced fish.
- Breadcrumbs can be prepared independently from dried bread, just crushing it into crumbs with a blender, and instead of breadcrumbs, you can use wheat flour.
- For cutting bread, onions and fish there should be separate cutting boards and knives. Do not forget that each of these products has its own acidic environment. In contact with each other, they can cause a biological process that can lead to poisoning or diarrhea.