Ingredients for Cooking Turkey Cutlets
- Fresh turkey fillet 600 grams
- Onion 100 grams
- Fresh parsley 100 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Main Ingredients: Onion, Turkey
- Serving 8 servings
Teaspoon, cutting board, kitchen knife, medium bowl, plate, blender, double boiler, serving dish, kitchen shovel, saucer
Cooking turkey cutlets:
Step 1: prepare the turkey fillet.
Thoroughly wash the turkey fillet under running warm water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clean the meat from veins, films and cartilage. Now cut the component into small pieces and immediately transfer it to the medium bowl.
Step 2: prepare the parsley.
Wash the parsley well under running water, shake off excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and pour it into a free plate.
Step 3: prepare the onions.
Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk and then thoroughly rinse it under running warm water. We lay out the component on a cutting board and cut into four parts. We chop the chopped onion in a clean saucer. Attention: if desired, the onion can be chopped into small cubes immediately, but I welcome the blender more, as it’s quick and painless (usually the juice of the component gets into my eyes, which I always cry, and the appliance takes a hit).
Step 4: prepare minced meat for cutlets.
We put pieces of turkey fillet in a blender bowl and after that we chop everything at high speed until the meat is minced. It usually takes me 1-2 minutes (depending on how big the pieces are).
We transfer the turkey mince from the bowl back to the bowl, and instead place the onions quarters. Again, chop everything finely to the state of the chip and then pour it into a common container.
Next, put chopped parsley in a bowl and add salt. Using a tablespoon, mix everything thoroughly until a homogeneous mass is formed. That's it, mincemeat for cutlets is ready!
Step 5: Cooking Turkey Cutlets
With clean hands, we take a little stuffing from the total mass and form oval cutlets of medium size. Important: so that the mixture does not stick to the fingers, be sure to moisten them each time under running water. We immediately place ready-made cutlets in a double boiler bowl so that there is still a bit of space between them (in the process of preparation they will slightly increase in size).
Turn on the appliance and set the time 20 minutes. We close the container with a lid and prepare the patties. Attention: upon expiration 10 minutes Be sure to turn the dish on the other side, using a kitchen spatula. So it will be steamed well and become more tender and juicy. At the end, turn off the double boiler, but the meatballs are in no hurry to get it. Just remove the cover and let it cool slightly.
Step 6: serve the steamed turkey cutlets.
When the cutlets are slightly cooled, use a kitchen spatula to remove them from the double boiler and transfer to a special plate. But treat friends and family can be such a delicious dish, along with all kinds of side dishes. For example, this is mashed potatoes, boiled rice, fresh vegetable salads, fried potatoes and much more. My kids, oddly enough, love to eat such cutlets with green beans, which are always cooked in parallel with them at a lower level in a double boiler. It turns out delicious and very useful!
- if desired, before serving, you can pour the patties with soy sauce. So the dish turns out more savory and not so dietary;
- For the preparation of cutlets, it is best to use fresh turkey fillet. But if it happened that you had meat in the freezer, that's okay too. The main thing is to thaw it in advance by placing it in a medium bowl and completely fill it with warm water. Let it stand for a couple of hours. But in no case do not accelerate this process with a microwave or a stream of hot water from the tap. This can ruin the structure of meat and meatballs just do not work out;
- to make the dish more nutritious, you can add a handful of half-boiled rice to it. In this option, of course, it is better then to serve cutlets with mashed potatoes and salads from fresh vegetables. Boiled rice should still be ruled out.