We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making green pea sauce
- Peas 1 cup
- Hard cheese 40 g. Or to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main Ingredients Pea, Garlic, Cheese
Inventory:Blender, Measuring Cup, Tablespoon, Kitchen Stove, Saucepan, Colander
Making green pea sauce:
Step 1: Boil the peas.For our recipe we need green peas, of course, it is better to give preference to fresh or frozen, but if this is not possible, then we use canned, it does not need to be cooked, but the rest is the other way around. In our case, frozen was used, so we look for a small pan and proceed to cooking.
We turn on the maximum heat on the stove and put the pan on the burner. We fill it half with water and bring to a boil. Then slowly pour the peas in parts into the pan, mix, cover and cook over high heat. After about 5 - 7 minutes, gently taste the peas, if it is hard, then cook the same amount and try again. It should be soft, but not overcooked.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic cheese.While the peas are cooked, prepare the cheese and garlic. We arm ourselves with a grater with small holes and rub the cheese into chips. It is convenient to do this on a cutting board.
Then peel the garlic cloves from the husk, rinse in water and cut into 2 - 3 parts.
Step 3: Cook the sauce.
We throw the finished peas into a colander, mix with a tablespoon and pour into a blender bowl. Add cheese, garlic and black pepper to it. Now turn on the device at the highest speed and grind everything to a puree state.
In the process of grinding, gradually add vegetable oil. We try the prepared sauce and add salt if necessary.
Step 4: Serve the green pea sauce.We spread the sauce in a gravy boat or a beautiful bowl and can be served. Boiled potatoes, french fries, pasta, as well as rice, goes well with this sauce.
Although you can relish it with bread croutons or pita bread.
Enjoy your meal!
- If you want a more delicate sauce texture, then replace the hard cheese with cream cheese, any brand will do. Or add some broth to the blender that remains after cooking peas.
- To make the taste of the sauce not so sharp, the amount of garlic can be reduced or not added at all.
- A very tasty sauce is obtained using olive oil.
- You can add a little sourness to the sauce with lemon juice. For this amount of ingredients, 1 teaspoon is enough.